Print Published 16th Dec 2018, 23:49

Sector share prices: 12 December 2018


Most shares showed a nervous twitch in the month to 12 December as political and economic factors took their toll.  The sector’s MSFI Index slipped by 2.45% in the month to 74.7 (Jan 2001: 100) while the FTSE All-Share Index lost 2.81%.

Sir Martin Sorrell’s new vehicle S4 Capital lead the upward performers with a 9.6% increase following its second acquisition (see S4 Capital values MightyHive at $150m and offers board seats to two of its leaders).  Shares in The Mission Marketing Group rose by 7.6%, shares in Be Heard Group rose by 7.4% and shares in Kin & Carta rose by 7.0%.

By far the biggest price decline was recorded by Matomy Media Group as it faced difficulties financing the purchase of the residual 10% of its Team Internet subsidiary and risked being forced to sell back the other 90% to the management at a discount (see Matomy Media and Rainmaker tight-lipped after response deadline passes).   Its shares slumped by 69.3%.

Other sizeable price declines were experienced by Ebiquity (down 19.9% after issuing a second profit warning and changing its finance chief – see Ebiquity hires third CFO in a year) and Porta Communications (down 18.5% after announcing further balance sheet tidying up moves – see Porta settles Capital Access guarantee by selling shareholding).